So I have cheered up a bit now. On Monday night, my son was really quite poorly and demanded that I stay in his room. Which I did, it is nice to be wanted.
A few positives:
- I went to the hygienist yesterday and she said that I am doing a better job of cleaning my teeth than usual. I have swapped to her recommended brand of toothpaste and she is moderately pleased with me (she is hard to impress). I still need to do a better job of the back teeth but overall, it was positive. Plus she said she liked my pink coat.
- After the hygienist, I popped into St Paul’s Cathedral and had a little wander around. I’d forgotten that Nelson and Wellington were buried there.
- We’ve booked next year’s ski holiday! We are going to Meribel and I am very excited. It will be the first year that my daughter will be old enough to go to ski school.
- On the way home (I walked half the way, good for my step count), I passed this sign:
- I’ve started buying the kids’ clothes for summer. I asked the people on Mumsnet whether there are any discount codes going for Landsend and ended up with 25% off. Yay! I need to do a cull of the boy’s clothes – half his trousers are in rags.